Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can Do Attitude



Apparently I was told, “You have a ‘Can Do!’ attitude.” This is news to me because I never knew that I had an attitude that could be labeled as positive. What really sucks about being labeled this was is that it means that I get more work handed to me. Not kool (Yes I spelled it wrong, I like it like that).
You see, in these tough economic times, a coworker was let go and his position was totally removed (Sucks, but I never really liked the guy. Sorry dude). So in the meeting where we were all told that he was going to be let go, apparently I had a look on my face that could kill (I don’t do well trying hide how I’m feeling, which is why I loose when I play poker). My boss, after the meeting, pulls me aside and asks me if I was ok. Of course not realizing that my facial expression suggested otherwise I said, “I’m fine.” He then tells me how valuable I am and that I could not be replaced. “Don’t worry,” he says, “Your position is secure. With your ‘Can Do’ attitude, you will have no problems here.”
Let me explain why I was upset. I didn’t care that he was getting let go (I know I am a heartless bastard), I was worried about getting stuck with his work.
So now my ‘Can Do’ attitude got me so buried in work that I can barely keep up with my normal day to day functions. Where did I go wrong?

4 comments:

  1. At least you have time to BLOG!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'm glad you started a blog. Am I your inspiration? I hope so. *tear*

    "Kool", like Kool-aid with all of its sugary goodness. (Gross).

    Too bad for that other guy.

    Let's play poker... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way, this layout was the first layout that I used.. a year ago. Awwww... *tear (again- but just one, sorry*

    ReplyDelete