Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are you crazy?!



It’s insane to me that there are so many women out there that think its ok to still act like we are in high school. For some reason, many women feel that playing little mind games is still ok. Some how, I believe, women derive pleasure from confusing guys. They purposefully misinterpret any information received to make things more confusing or complicated. This has got to stop.

So many women claim that they want better communication with the men in their lives. Yet they do not try, in earnest, to improve it. I have been asked by women, “How does a guy think?” They ask this because they, for some ungodly reason, can’t seem to fathom that guys usually say what they mean. “What?? Why would you say what you mean?? I don’t understand.” Women seem compelled to try to understand what men are trying to say, instead of just accepting what was said. Guys, for the most part, are not that complicated. Our thought process is linear, Choice - Cost-Benefit? - Decision. As you can see here, the man has a choice to make. First he weighs several factors to determine what the benefits are. Then he makes his decision based on what is most beneficial. There is a case to be made for short term vs. long term benefit, however the process is the still same. Women seem to be all over the place, making what should be a trivial thing insanely complicated. Here’s a classic example.

A couple getting ready to go out to dinner.
Woman
: “How do I look?’
Man: “Good”
Woman: “What do you mean, ‘Good’? Should I change? What would look better? Should I were the red one?”
Man: “What?? Honey you look fine. We need to go now or we are going to be late.”
Woman: “‘Fine,’ so you think I look bad? I should change.”
Man: “What?? I didn’t say that. You look good, so can we please just go?”
Woman: “Is it the hair? Should I wear it up?
Man: “What are you talking about?? I said you look good. We need to go to make the reservations.”
Woman: *Crying* “But you think I look ugly. I can’t go out looking like this! I don’t want to go anymore!”
Man: *Confused* “Um, ok. Then we’ll just stay home.”
Woman: *Still crying* “I knew it! You do think I look ugly!” *Runs to the bathroom and locks herself in.*
Man: *Thinks to himself* “What just happened?*

This is actually quite typical. Ladies, if you really want to have better communication with the men in your live, SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!! Don’t expect guys to know what you are thinking. Guys can not read your minds. Remember K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid). If you would stop trying to be so cryptic with what you say, you and your partner would be happier.

1 comment: